Before applying for a tourist visa, foreign nationals need to obtain a Uzbekistan visa support, in the form of a Letter of Invitation (LOI), from a licensed travel agency in Uzbekistan. Journeys To The East can help you with this. Citizens of Austria, Belgium, Britain, Czech Republic, Germany, France, Spain, Italy, Latvia, Malaysia, Switzerland and Japan do not need LOI, but they can be requested to obtain LOI, if they obtain the Uzbekistan Visa outside of their country of citizenship. All travelers are suggested to contact in advance the Uzbekistan Embassy or Consulate, where they are planning to obtain their tourist visa, for latest requirements.
Where to apply for Uzbekistan Visa?
You can apply for a visa at an Uzbekistan Embassy or Consulate, such as:
Uzbekistan Consulate General in New York
801 Second Avenue, 20th Floor New York, NY 10017
Telephone: (212) 754-7403
Fax: (212) 838-9812
Uzbekistan Visa at Tashkent International Airport
It is possible to obtain a visa at the international arrivals lounge of Tashkent International Airport, if both of the following conditions are met:
Uzbekistan Visa Application requirements:
1. Uzbekistan Visa support, also referred to as Letter of Invitation (LOI) - see below*
2. Valid passport (be sure that your passport is valid at least six month from the planned arrival date)
3. Completed application form
4. One passport-size photo
5. Fee, payable on collection of visa
6. Stamped, self-addressed envelope, if applying by post
7. Evidence of purpose of a visit
8. Confirmation of hotel reservation and details of stay
Uzbekistan Visa application form:
You can download from the Internet the official visa application forms for applying in the United States or from whichever country you are in.
*Letter of Invitation
*We would be happy to provide you with Letter of Invitation (LOI) which will enable you to obtain the tourist visa to Uzbekistan. We provide visa support if you purchase a tour for the whole duration of your stay in Uzbekistan.
We need the following information to start visa support letter:
01) Workplace (company name, address, your position);
02) Place of obtaining visa (city, country);
03) Duration of staying: from-until;
04) Number of entries: single/double;
05) Copy of passports sent to us by e-mail as an attachment;
06) A letter from the employer on the letterhead with the company seal confirming your employment and position;
07) What cities you plan to visit;
08) Purpose of visit;
09) Home address;
10) Previous visits;
11) Any relatives, friends or other contact persons in Uzbekistan.
Based on this information we prepare a visa support application and submit it to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Tashkent. Ministry reviews the application for approximately 7-10 working days, reserving the right to deny any application without providing explanations. Approved visa support is telexed directly to the Uzbekistan embassy or consulate in the country where you intend to obtain your visa. Upon the approval of the visa support we send you by e-mail telex number of the document. After submitting telex number we provided, completed visa application form, valid passport, 2 passport sized photos and paying consular fees you will be issued visa to Uzbekistan.
In case the group is bigger than 10 persons, it is possible to arrange a group visa. Advantage of group visa is less visa fee and less time consuming. But disadvantage is that your group should be always together as you will have only one visa on the paper for whole group. So you need to come together and leave together the country.
We will be happy to support you with any further questions you may have.
© 2018 Journeys to the East